To see PWSA's Rate Brochure, click here.
Under the approved rates, our average residential customers using 3,000 gallons of water per month will see their combined water and sewer bill increase by about $8.87 per month. In addition to the new rates, our bill discount program for income-eligible households will be enhanced to provide a 75 percent reduction in monthly minimum charges. This is a discount of $26.66 per month for the average residential water and sewer customer.
In total, the new rates will increase our yearly revenue by $21 million. This additional funding will be directed to essential water, sewer, and stormwater investments throughout our service area. Unlike investor-owned utilities, PWSA does not have shareholders and does not generate a profit. Instead, PWSA’s primary focus is on delivering the best possible service, at the lowest possible cost, for our customers. Any amount of the rate increase that we do not spend in 2019 will be used to finance future infrastructure improvements or to reduce future rate increases.
- To responsibly and sustainably manage Pittsburgh’s water – now and in the future
- To provide safe, reliable water 24/7/365 to our customers, and to provide you with excellent customer service
- To renew and upgrade our drinking water, stormwater, and sewer infrastructure to exceed all compliance standards
- To prioritize public health and replace all lead service lines
- To make water service accessible, through customer assistance to our lower-income customers and by continuing a moratorium on winter water shut-offs
- To be accountable, accessible, and fully transparent to our customers
- To fairly and equitably charge each customer based on their usage of our system
- To be a valued regional environmental steward of our most precious resource – water