The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is performing curb box inspections throughout the City of Pittsburgh to identify the pipe material of PWSA water service lines. These inspections will determine where PWSA may replace its service lines that are made of lead.
*Inspections will take place at the following locations between May 9 – May 19, 2017
- 100 – 500 block of North Avenue
- 509 Bauerlein Street
- 123 Beckert Street
- 100 – 300 block of Colton Street
- 100 block of Davis Street
- 100 – 200 block of Elizabeth Street
- 600 block of Fremont Street
- 1st block of Gerwig Street (street addresses below 100)
- 100 block of Howard Street
- 500 – 600 block of Mary Street
- 200 Sample Street
- 425 Sample Street
- 500 block of Spruce Street
- 300 block of William Street
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Door hangers have been posted 1-2 weeks before curb box inspection work will be completed. No-parking signs have been posted 24-48 hours before work will be completed. No interruption of water service is anticipated.
Letters will be sent to residents regarding the results of the inspection.
Any customer who needs additional information should call PWSA Emergency Dispatch 24/7 at 412.255.2423