The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is replacing lead water service lines throughout the City of Pittsburgh to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. PWSA will coordinate with customers to replace both portions of the lead service line when possible.
*Replacements will take place at the following locations from September 4, 2018 – September 7, 2018:
- Norton Street (Kuhn Street – Sandwich Street)
- Flemington Street (Windsor Street – Monteiro Street)
- Blackberry Way (50th Street – dead end)
- Pierce Street (Maryland Avenue – College Avenue)
- North Avenue (Elizabeth Street – Klopfer Street)
- 48th Street (Hatfield Street – Plummer Street)
- Perrysville Avenue (Waldorf Street – Franklin Road)
- Bascom Avenue (Perrysville Avenue – Oakdale Street)
- Dalzell Place (Beechwood Boulevard – Barnsdale Road)
- Ridgeville Street (Barnsdale Street – South Dallas Avenue)
- Windsor Street (Flemington Street – Mirror Street)
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Impacted residents have been notified by PWSA via letter 45 days in advance of the work. Door hangers will be posted 48 hours before replacement work will be completed. No-parking signs will be posted 24-48 hours before work begins. Interruptions in water service should last no longer than 2-3 hours.
Any customer who needs additional information should call the PWSA Lead Help Desk at 412-255-8987 or email at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com