The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is replacing lead water service lines throughout the City of Pittsburgh to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. PWSA will coordinate with customers to replace both portions of the lead service line when possible.
*Replacements will take place at the following locations from October 15, 2018 – October 19, 2018:
- Mirror Street (Kennebec Street – Windsor Street)
- Walnut Street (South Negley Avenue – College Street)
- Maryland Avenue (Pierce Street – Walnut Street)
- William Street (Lincoln Avenue – Elizabeth Street)
- Elizabeth Street
- Spruce Street
- Howard Street (Farragut Street – Grant Avenue)
- Merriman Way (South 21st Street – South 22nd Street)
- Wharton Street (South 21st Street – South 22nd Street)
- Wright Way (South 19th Street – South 20th Street)
- Sidney Street (South 21st Street – South 22nd Street)
- Sidney Street (South 23rd Street – South 24th Street)
- Welfer Street (Mirror Street – Windsor Street)
- College Street (Ellsworth Avenue – Elwood Street)
- Kennebec Street (Frank Street – Windsor Street)
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Impacted residents have been notified by PWSA via letter 45 days in advance of the work. Door hangers will be posted 48 hours before replacement work will be completed. No-parking signs will be posted 24-48 hours before work begins. Interruptions in water service should last no longer than 2-3 hours.
Any customer who needs additional information should call the PWSA Lead Help Desk at 412-255-8987 or email at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com.