The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is replacing lead water service lines throughout the City of Pittsburgh to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. PWSA will coordinate with customers to replace both portions of the lead service line when possible.
*Replacements will take place at the following locations from October 22, 2018 – October 26, 2018:
- South 20th Street (Fox Way – Wrights Way)
- Buena Vista Street (Sampsonia Way – Armandale Street)
- Monterey Street (West Jefferson Street – Sampsonia Way)
- Summerlea Street (Alder Way – Walnut Street)
- Elmer Street (Summerlea Street – College Street)
- Kentucky Street (Ellsworth Street – Elwood Street)
- Morningside Avenue (Stanton Avenue – Hampton Street)
- Colton Street (Siegel Street – Elizabeth Street)
- Carey Way (South 22nd Street – South 25th Street)
- Sarah Street (South 22nd Street – South 25th Street)
- Seigel Street (Beckert Street – Lippert Street)
- Fremont Street (North Avenue – Sample Street)
- Mirror Street (Kennebec Street – Windsor Street)
- Walnut Street (Maryland Avenue – College Street)
- William Street (Lincoln Avenue – Elizabeth Street)
- Wharton Street (South 21st Street – South 22nd Street)
- Sidney Street (South 23rd Street – South 24th Street)
- Welfer Street (Mirror Street – Windsor Street)
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Impacted residents have been notified by PWSA via letter 45 days in advance of the work. Door hangers will be posted 48 hours before replacement work will be completed. No-parking signs will be posted 24-48 hours before work begins. Interruptions in water service should last no longer than 2-3 hours.
Any customer who needs additional information should call the PWSA Lead Help Desk at 412-255-8987 or email at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com.