The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is replacing lead water service lines throughout the City of Pittsburgh to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. PWSA will coordinate with customers to replace both portions of the lead service line when possible.
*Replacements will take place at the following locations from December 10 – December 14, 2018:
- Norton Street (Cowan Street – Sandwich Way)
- Garfield Avenue (West Jefferson Street – Alpine Avenue)
- Alpine Avenue (Monterey Street – Charlie Way)
- Carrington Street (Saturn Way – Charlie Way)
- Jacksonia Street (Monterey Street – Charlie Way)
- Deary Street (Larimar Avenue – Montezuma Street)
- Dean Street
- Morningside Avenue (Vilsak Street – Baker Street)
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Impacted residents have been notified by PWSA via letter 45 days in advance of the work. Door hangers will be posted 48 hours before replacement work will be completed. No-parking signs will be posted 24-48 hours before work begins. Interruptions in water service should last no longer than 2-3 hours.
Any customer who needs additional information should call the PWSA Lead Help Desk at 412-255-8987 or email at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com.