The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is replacing lead water service lines throughout the City of Pittsburgh to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. PWSA will coordinate with customers to replace both portions of the lead service line when possible.
*Replacements will take place at the following locations from May 13 – May 17, 2019:
- Mount Vernon Street (N. Lang Avenue – Belmer Street)
- Manistee Street (Chislett Street – Antietam Street)
- Standish Street (Chislett Street – Antietam Street)
- Venture Street (Perrysville Avenue – East Street)
- Evergreen Road (Baytree Street – Nelson Run Road)
- North Murtland Street (Chaucer Street – Mount Vernon Street)
- Perrysville Avenue (Portman Street – Venture Street)
- Gould Street (Perrysville Avenue – East Street)
- Deary Street (Montezuma Street – Lincoln Avenue)
- Chaucer Street (Lincoln Avenue – North Lang Avenue)
- Baytree Street (Perrysville Avenue – Evergreen Road)
- Jancey Street (Martha Street – Bryant Street)
- Chislett Street (Greenwood Street – Witherspoon Street)
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Any customer who needs additional information should call the PWSA Lead Help Desk at 412-255-8987 or email at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com.
This program has been made possible with a $49 million funding package from the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PENNVEST). PWSA will replace over 4,000 lead service lines throughout its water distribution system while avoiding harmful partial lead line replacements. Since July 2016, PWSA has replaced over 3,000 public lead service lines and nearly 1,600 private lines.
PWSA’s Lead Help Desk team coordinates on an individual basis with customers receiving lead service line replacements. Outreach for this program began in Fall of 2018.
For more information on the Community Lead Response, go to lead.pgh2o.com