The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is replacing lead water service lines throughout our service area to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. To avoid partial lead line replacements, PWSA is coordinating with customers to replace private lead service lines at no cost when replacing public lead lines.
- Chautauqua Street (Irwin Street – Holyoke Street)
- Chautauqua Court (Chautauqua Street – Irwin Street)
- Langley Street (Clayton Street – dead end)
- Divinity Street (Clayton Street – Honduras Street)
- Mclintock Street (Perrysville Avenue – dead end)
- Honduras Street (Divinity Street – Langley Street)
- Forward Avenue (Beechwood Boulevard – Murray Avenue)
- Tilbury Avenue (Shady Avenue – Beechwood Boulevard)
- Beechwood Boulevard (Nicholson Street – Forward Avenue)
- Nicholson Street (Beechwood Boulevard – Shady Avenue)
- Hamilton Avenue (North Dallas Avenue – North Braddock Avenue)
- Kelly Street (5th Avenue – North Braddock Avenue)
- Race Street (North Lang Avenue – Brushton Avenue)
- Idlewild Street (North Lang Avenue – Forest Street)
- Hermitage Street (North Murtland Street – Brushton Avenue)
- Mount Vernon Street (Belmar Street – Collier Street)
- Kedron Street (North Murtland Street – Sterrett Street)
- North Lang Avenue (Apple Street – dead end)
- Tioga Street (North Homewood Avenue – North Braddock Avenue)
South Side Slopes:
- Manton Way (Arlington Avenue – Amanda Street)
- Walter Street (Manton Way – Industry Street)
- Hartford Street (Arlington Avenue – dead end)
- Sharon Street (Mount Oliver Street – dead end)
- Industry Street (Arlington Avenue – Amanda Street)
- St. Martin Street (Brosville Street – St. Thomas Street)
- Allen Street
- Millbridge Street
- Newton Street
- East Warrington Avenue (Brosville Street – Mount Oliver Street)
- Natchez Street (Southern Avenue – Cuthbert Street)
- Southern Avenue (Lelia Street – Cowan Street)
- Paul Street (Boggs Avenue – Oldham Street)
- Lelia Street (Boggs Avenue – Oldham Street)
- Smith Way (Boggs Avenue – Westwood Street)
- Penelope Street
- Chess Street
Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
To view our lead service line replacement locations and to learn more about the service line material at your property, go to pgh2o.com/leadmap. Any customer who needs additional information should call the PWSA Lead Help Desk at 412-255-8987 or email at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com.
PWSA is investing $49 million this year alone to remove harmful lead service lines from its water system. So far this year, we have replaced nearly 1,200 lead service lines with nearly 100 percent of replacements completed without digging a trench on private property. Since the program began in July 2016, PWSA has replaced nearly 4,000 public lead service lines and over 2,200 private lines.
PWSA’s Lead Help Desk team coordinates on an individual basis with customers receiving lead service line replacements. Through their work, they have enrolled over 4,500 customer agreements to participate in the program. Outreach for this program began in Fall of 2018.
For those not part of this program, we provide free full lead service line replacements for income-qualified residential customers. To see if you qualify, visit www.pgh2o.com/CAP or call Dollar Energy Fund at 866-762-2346.
For more information on the Community Lead Response, go to lead.pgh2o.com