Supporting Our Customers In Need
Our Customer Assistance Program is designed to provide financial relief for low income residential customers who are having difficulty paying their water and sewer bill. The following programs are available through the Dollar Energy Fund:
- Winter Shut Off Moratorium: December 1st through March 31st for customers who are at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Bill Discount Program: 75% reduction of fixed monthly water and wastewater conveyance charges for customers at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Cash Assistance Program: Cash grants up to $300 per year for customers at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Private Lead Line Replacement Community Environmental Project: Private side lead line replacements for customers who are at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- *Funds for this program are available from a settlement of an enforcement action between PWSA and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection.
For more information about the Bill Discount Program, customers are encouraged to contact Dollar Energy Fund:
ALCOSAN Clean Water Assistance Fund
ALCOSAN's Clean Water Assistance Fund was approved by ALCOSAN's Board of Directors in October and is also available to eligible residential customers. The fund provides a $32 credit every three months to qualifying low-income homeowners and tenants with accounts in their name for water or sewage services. Eligibility follows the same income requirements as PWSA's Bill Discount Program and is also administered by Dollar Energy Fund. Please visit ALCOSAN’s website for more information about the Clean Water Assistance Fund.
We've developed a handout on our Customer Assistance Programs to share with others in your community, click here.